Love to Ski? Why not Rent a Place for the Season?
Winter is coming and the 2016/17 season is meant to be a cracker. If you’re planning on visiting the Alps a couple of times over the winter, why not invest in a seasonal rental rather than staying at a hotel or an expensive chalet?
There are so many benefits to a seasonal rental:
- Living like a local – You will know where to find all the best off-piste, how to avoid the crowds during the dreaded half-term and explore places on your skis you couldn’t have even dreamed about before. This knowledge doesn’t stop when you’re off the mountain either. You will know where the best après are, which of the restaurants are the local favourites and where they go once they are ready to dance til' the early hours of the morning. Staying for longer than a week means you really get to experience what a mountain community has to offer.
- Get more hours on your skis – It doesn’t matter that you have been skiing once a year since you could walk, there is nothing like dedicating a whole winter season to perfecting your skills and developing your technique.
- Save money – a seasonal rental is actually much cheaper than you think. This stunning 8-person chalet is only €25,000 for the whole winter season – i.e. November 2016-May 2017. Until October 16, Season ski passes for Chamonix (which includes days in Verbier, Courmayeur and the whole Mont Blanc Evasion) are only €900. Not a bad investment when you consider the cost of a week-long ski holiday! Head to Bulgaria and prices get even cheaper! A large, modern studio apartment in their most exclusive ski resort starts at just €275/month.
- Convenience –Travelling with your ski equipment is complicated and expensive. If you decide to take on a seasonal rental, all that will be a thing of the past as all your kit will be at the resort, in your own home waiting for you.
- Try before you buy – purchasing a ski home, no matter how much you love the mountains is a huge commitment. A seasonal let allows you to test the waters and see how a permanent ski home would work out for you.
Renting your own ski pad for the season is much easier than it seems. Living like a local, the freedom of visiting when you want and the opportunity to get on the mountain as much as possible is actually an achievable dream, and its one that we are keen to help you out with. Check out these amazing seasonal lets available now:
- A 5 Bedroom Chalet with Hot Tub near the Ski Lift in Chamonix, France
- A Beauitful Traditional 3 Bedroom Farmhouse in Les Houches, France
Don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are on the lookout for a seasonal ski let! We are more than happy to help you find that perfect ski home.